Staff member
Mod
Aug 14, 2019
Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes

Minecraft IGN: Xboxdude_6262

Location and timezone: Ontario Canada, Eastern Standard Time

Age (age 14 minimum): 20

Interests: Science, Medicine, Video Games, Pokemon, Sports

How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 2 days, 14 hours, 50 mins

Do you have a mic (yes/no): Yes

Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Yes

Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): Pizzaman00

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM):

As an undergraduate student pursuing medicine and putting a lot of time and effort on focusing on the task at hand, I have acquired a strong self disciplinary skill set. I am constantly focused on wha I should be doing and what I need to be doing, in the case of the server that would be helping. Guiding new players who’ve just joined and are lost, or even veteran players who are just a little Liston a specific topic. No matter the player, I’d focus on doing everything in my power to assist the player.

A major boundary I have overcome in my daily as a premed student is the act of asking for help and accepting that I need help. A lot of individuals are very shy when it comes to asking for help but there is no shame in asking. I’m not afraid to ask another helper or moderator for help if there’s something I don’t know. There is no shame in asking. It’s better to ask then be lost yet still try to assist a player in game. Doing so will just cause confusion a majority of the time.

University has taught me many things one of which being that acceptance is key. I have learnt to fully accept my mistakes rather then complaining, avoiding, or repudiating the truth. I can take any criticism, and turn it into constructive criticism, no matter where or who it comes from. It’s always easier to accept the truth and try and work on fixing it rather then denying it and avoiding it. This also translates into good teamwork as many people do not typically share the same views as one another so being able to understand as well as work with what others think is key.

Besides personal skills, I have been playing Pokémon since I was a little kid and know a lot about it. I started playing with Pokémon Blue and have played every main series Pokémon game since. I have accumulated a lot of Pokémon knowledge of these years, and as of recently (the past 4 games) I have completed the Pokédex and acquired and entire living dex, so I know a lot about each Pokémon.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM):

Like I’ve mentioned, I work well in teams and what many people don’t realize, being a helper is a team effort, I know this from experience. I have been a helper on a previous pixelmon server (4 years ago) and working as a team is a big part of keeping this community safe, fun, and enjoyable. I would have continued to be a helper on the previous server except it had closed down.

I bring a calm and collective mind set to the table, while also being able to be laid back and have fun. I can have fun but then get straight to work when needed which is crucial to a team. I learnt this from my time on a Semi-Professional (Tier 3) Overwatch team I was on. It also taught me how to remain calm in high stress moments, yet have fun to calm everyone down in a heated moment. Keeping cool is a major contributor in overwatch as losing it will cause you to play irrationally and ultimately worse. This also translate onto the server as I can remain calm even with tough individuals without losing my cool.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM):

Just like everything else, there is a process to how things go. There are different levels of individuals. You have your typical players, your helpers, your builders and your moderators. The players engage in straight up playing and enjoying everything the server has to offer. The builders engage in growing the community’s atmosphere not by keeping everyone happy (they may still do this) but giving others an enjoyable place to be apart of. Great creations can be very pleasing to look at and can get the community to come together and share their thoughts on the creation. The helpers are the one that keep the community satisfied by tackling problems that the community has. Simple or complex, helpers tackle hundreds of problems and must come up wit solutions to each one while trying to maintain balance and keeping the community in check. Moderators are the top dog, they overlook everyone else in the server. They make sure all players are follow the rules of their role. They make sure builders are doing their job as asked, they make sure helpers are being attentive and responsive to chat, and they make sure your regular players are following all rules. They tackle many problems that helpers aren’t able to do including but not limited to, force evolving Pokémon that won’t evolve, dealing with problems when it comes to in game rewards such as voting streaks, and just bigger problems helper simply aren’t able to complete.

Due to me being relatively new to the server, I don’t know much about the history except that it was created by shmeeb as well as another individual a few years back and that there are periodic server resets every 7-9 months or so.

I have actually ran my own pixelmon server before so I do know a bit about the process and complications with running a server. It was not a big server (just for a few friends and family) but there were complications with server lag and command problems I had to work through. This gives me an edge as a helper because I can explain to individuals who may be confused why certain commands are unavailable at the time or why the server needs to be rebooted periodically. There is a lot more work involved that people do not see.

This concludes my application, thank you for your consideration and have a great day :D

Reactions: decoits

Xbox

Staff member
Mod
Aug 14, 2019
Adding a reference: Bountea (Previous IGN:Zidongshopbobia)