RobinOfYlisse's Helper Application

RobinOfYlisse

Oct 27, 2019
NH, US
Have you read and understood the terms above: Yes.
Minecraft IGN: RobinOfYlisse
Location and timezone: New Hampshire, United States of America. Eastern Standard Time, or UTC -5.
Interests: Video games. Including but not limited to all things Nintendo.
How much in-game play time do you have? 49 hours and 50 minutes according to /ru check.
Do you have a mic: Yes.
Are you an active user of Discord? Yes.
Referrers: N/A
How you could benefit the community:
I'm helpful by nature. Interacting with and reading chat is perhaps my favorite part of playing on Pixelmon servers. Under almost any circumstances, I will see the chat. When I see someone ask a question in chat, I answer it. That's just how I am. I don't have it in me to just ignore someone when they are asking for help. I'm patient, and I know how to explain things in a way that makes sense to just about anyone. I enjoy helping out, and I don't enjoy toxicity and negativity. As someone who gets the most joy out of participating in chat and banter, I'm not okay with someone ruining that environment. I'm not afraid to report someone through the necessary channels if they're being a jerk or are otherwise contributing to a negative environment. This server has an especially fun and positive community, and I'd like to contribute to that.

Why we should accept you:
First and foremost, I enjoy helping out and making people happy. I don't need recognition and I certainly don't expect praise for answering questions in a video game. I'm very familiar with the games, and I'm confident in my ability to answer any and all questions about them. Even though I've yet to reach a week of total playtime here on Pokeverse , I feel that I have a solid enough grasp of the rules, commands, and overall layout of the server to help others reach that same understanding. I'm willing and able to adapt and learn more about this server and how I can better assist others. At the same time, I'm level headed and have experience dealing with toxic individuals. I have held many staff positions over the past 4-5 years. Perhaps most notably as admin of a popular server that died the summer the original Pixelmon mod was shut down. I am able to act using my own discretion, as well as remain in accordance with staff guidelines. I already help out in-game as I always have, but as a non-staff member, there a some obstacles I face as I attempt do so. Over the years, I have come to realize that there is a certain stigma associated with non-staff members helping out as a staff member would. Sometimes, there are those who blatantly 'mini-mod' as it is often called, perhaps seeking to boost their chances of being accepted as a staff member. But other times, some players have a tendency to doubt or look down on non-staff members who are consistently responding to questions or concerns. Personally, I don't care if someone thinks I'm trying to be an overachiever or that I'm looking for a medal. That doesn't bother me. But when a lack of a tag impedes someone with good intentions' ability to help someone out, I do have a problem with that. It's not that I have any issues with staffing systems. What I mean to say is, I want to be able to help out and answer questions unobstructed. Responsibilities and obligations aside, one could argue that a Helper tag boils down to standing out in chat and having a voice that carries, making your answers and attempts at assistance more visible to those in need. The thought that the solution/answer to a question or concern could go unnoticed by merit of a text color that doesn't stand out or a username that doesn't have a tag to back it up bothers me. That being said, I have every intention of continuing to help out to the best of my ability whether I am accepted or not.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server:
As I mentioned in my responses above, my impression of this server is that it has an exceptionally fun and friendly environment. This server has the most frequently recurring events of any server I have ever played on, and this isn't my first rodeo. I'm able to enjoy witty banter with other players in chat on a regular basis, and that's a quality I value highly. I can't pretend to know the full history of Pokeverse or Pixelmon+ as a whole. From my interactions with players and observations of all the personalities this server has among its players and staff, however, I genuinely wish I had discovered this server a long time ago, so that I could perhaps fully appreciate the community and history. In the literal sense, running a Minecraft server requires an accessible address, and hardware enough carry the load. But to truly run a Minecraft server takes an overwhelming amount of dedication and effort. I've never staffed for a server that belongs to a network, but from my experience with traditional servers, I can only assume that this much is still true for Pixelmon+ and its servers. Sometimes servers have an owner who is just an absolute unit and cares about the server and its community more than anything. Other times, a few staff members in particular serve as the backbone of the community. But on just about any functional server, you should find a staff team that knows how to keep things together. Rules should be fleshed out and well defined. Flexibility can be a virtue, but from my experiences, discrepancies and inconsistencies in how rules are defined or enforced can be a server's downfall. I certainly have my own opinions about how servers should be run and how staff teams should work together, but I am more than happy to adjust to Pokeverse and comply with its standards.

I appreciate any and all time and consideration put into my application. I look forward to spending more time on this server!

KatAttacks

Am Bean
Staff member
Admin
Jul 25, 2018
Hello thank you for applying to be staff however we really think you need to work on helping out in chat! Once you feel like you’re ready please feel free to reapply then! Thank you - Denied