Neemohs

Under the Sea
Oct 20, 2019
Exeter, United Kingdom
Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes

Minecraft IGN: Neemohs

Location and timezone: England / GMT

Age (age 14 minimum): 19

Interests: Gaming, Graphic Design, Poetry, Gym, Music.

How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 28 days and 15 minutes

Do you have a mic (yes/no): Yes

Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Very active

Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): softlee, snappycoco04, Loorix

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM):
During my time on the server, since first joining in early 2018. I've been very focussed on simply getting to know the players and making a connection with the community. With my potential ability to be online almost constantly, due to no college or work. I believe my activity and dedication to the server could provide the community with a competent and well rounded new staff member. Given, I have still got much to learn about more intricate server commands and more pokemon directed questions, but overtime I have no doubt I will learn and become very fluent and consistent with the support I provide. I care for the individuals of PV, as well as the overall community, so I can use personal connections and understandings of individual players to calmly apply rules of the server and minimise any conflicted staff - player issues that could arise. An understanding helper, but still very firm with the rules I must make sure all players abide by. New or old.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM):
I have been playing for a respectable amount of time, and would like to think I know my way around the server well, with fair understanding the majority of all things Pokeverse offers. Given I still have things to learn, but what better way to learn than learn on the job. Also, to elaborate on a point that I briefly mentioned in the prior question; I can be very dedicated to this server, so as well as fulfilling the role as an active staff member during peak EU times etc. I also have absolutely no issues waking up at certain times or staying up late to assist in the moderation of events, random unexpected player spikes or simply if staff need some extra hands. To conclude I think my presence as a player, my time available to play and my current understanding of the server qualifies me well to be a part of the staff team.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM):
Given I did not make myself part of this community during its "early days". But to my understanding from what I've overheard during my time; the original server created by Shmeeb was a small community, but underwent a lot of growth; later the server was to change into 4 sister servers, with a 5th one being added later down the line. The servers traditionally undergo map resets after extended periods of time (roughly 6 months I think), to allow for old players and new players alike to restart their pixelmon adventure. This keeps things fresh and fun. During resets its often the servers will gain something new, and things will change. With the rarity of pokemon, items and whatnot changing over time. You'll find that every reset will have demands for different things.
The server has many features, from commands such as /gts and /um that allow an economical market to arise in the server, with items and pokemon gaining and losing worth throughout the time of the map.
Alongside this, there are many reward systems; such as /vote, /streaks (voting streaks), /gymrewards and /dex. All of which reward players overtime for their playtime and completions on the server. Which resets alongside the map.
Although the server is owned by Shmeeb, it is run by a selected staff time, much like any servers. Most staff are equipped enough to deal with problems, but the higher the staff the more things they have at their disposal to help. Staff essentially run things, whether it be the flow of the server or entertainment for the players. This involves an event system, hosted by the staff, consisting of popular OR custom minigames, lasting a few rounds, to reward the players as they play.
The server is a very enjoyable place with a lot to offer. It's homely and the community is vast, but also very close.

I've helped and moderated few servers in the past. So alongside my knowledge of pixelmon-specific rules and mannerisms. I like to think I'm very comfortable with general moderation and understand the methods needed to run a server smoothly. Hopefully enough to reassure players with things they don't understand. (Without too much disclosure obviously).

__

Thank you for reading my application :) Any feedback, in the comments or over PM will be appreciated <3