Lowering pokemon prices

EnglishMilkman

Want some MILK ?
Feb 6, 2017
Posted this in the wrong section are worded it badly so gonna redo it

Before /prices pokemon would sell for what the server thought they were worth and others would buy because they were reasonable prices and now that /prices have been introduced, pokemon are being forced to sell for way more than they were worth before.

Some examples of this are

Ditto was roughly 100k per 10% ivs and now its 800k minimum for a 70%
Shiny silvally was about 500k for an 80%+ and now people are being forced to pay minimum of 730k for a pokemon that was far less before

These are just 2 examples but because people are being forced to sell for prices that are more than what the pokemon are worth, the players are struggling to sell pokemon and it's become frustrating

I understand that you want to preserve the eco but whats the point if pokemon aren't even being sold

I think the idea of price ranges are good because it allows people not to majorly undercut someone else for a quick sale but i think it would be better for the community if you let the players decide what they feel is right for the pokemon to make it a fairer place for all players. Maybe lower price ranges first to see if that helps pokemon sales and then see what the community feels about it and go from there

thanks for reading,

vTokyo

Last edited:

EnglishMilkman

Want some MILK ?
Feb 6, 2017
didn't let me edit and wanted to change the last paragraph

I think the idea of price ranges are good because it allows people not to majorly undercut someone else for a quick sale but i think it would be better if the price ranges change for the pokemon that are struggling to sell, such as ditto, silvally, genesect and registeel to name a few.

I think seeing what pokemon price ranges the community feels are too high or the ones that have seen to struggle for a while should be changed for the better of the server more than anything

PikaUsedIronTail

Staff member
Helper
Jul 27, 2019
Because eventually, whenever a reset occurs, it will set the prices at that bar and it will become the new norm, we should no longer base prices off of what they previously were but the new standard.

EnglishMilkman

Want some MILK ?
Feb 6, 2017
Because eventually, whenever a reset occurs, it will set the prices at that bar and it will become the new norm, we should no longer base prices off of what they previously were but the new standard.
The whole point of the GTS is to buy and sell pokemon, but if you can't sell some pokemon whats the point.