Author of Etherious
Sep 7, 2016
Central, US
Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes

Minecraft IGN: Laranlior

Location and timezone: United States CST

Age (age 14 minimum): 27

Interests: Computer hardware, gaming

How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 4 days 1 hour 0 munites

Do you have a mic (yes/no): Yes

Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Yes

Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): Hugamouse, Gamefish22, Lewis__, AngelVampy2019

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM): I believe I could benefit the community by being as active as I can. I have a passable amount of knowledge of the basic mechanics of the server and its activities, as well as having a good understanding of the learning process for newer players. I believe I could also help teach newer players how the server works and basic things that they'd need to know to have an enjoyable experience in the community. I am a collector of sorts as well, and I believe that i could also assist players that may be seeking specific items or pokemon, allowing them to get what they need to build their teams and enjoy battling with others in the community.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM): I believe I should be accepted because I have a decent willingness to help people, as well as the patience to deal with smaller issues that other staff may not have the free time for due to the greater responsibilities of higher staff. I would appreciate the chance to spend my free time doing something good for a community I enjoy being a part of, as well as helping where I can to improve that community; be it with constructive projects on the server or assisting staff in teaching how the server operates. There are an influx of new players every day, and while there is a good amount of staff available mostly around the clock, there are still times where they are not free to come online. I believe that I could help fill those gaps pretty fairly whenever I'm available and hopefully whenever I'm needed.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM): The Pokeverse community is one that is designed to be acceptable for all ages, and is filled with helpful players and staff alike. The community is very friendly and accepting to newer players who just want to have fun. The staff of the community sacrifice their free time to be as helpful as they can be, and to make the server a comfortable place for people to play, make friends, and have an enjoyable experience in pixelmon.

The server itself was created around two and a half years ago, in late March of 2015. There have been 3 hard resets I believe, two of which were upgrades to newer versions of the game. The most recent of which was one of the most extensive, adding in a vast amount of new pixelmon to be caught and sought, hunted and collected, as well as many new items, mechanics, and recipes, to name only a few of the additions. Throughout the server, there have been many staff and players alike come and go. Most recently, it seems, the server has taken an upward swing in its activity and productivity among the community. There are more players everyday, and constantly new builds are being added for the community to enjoy.

With the new Teams feature, players are able to work together somewhat more effectively, allowing newer players to find a place to belong more easily as well as giving them places to hang out and make their homes quickly without forcing them to feel like they need to start all on their own. On top of that, the server is having a lot of renewed support from its community, and is quickly becoming more and more active with events such as tournaments scheduled monthly, and I believe even more extensive community projects in the future.

I honestly have no knowledge of running a Minecraft server. I've never been in a position where I actually "run" anything as far as any minecraft server goes, but I have been involved in community management in other games. I believe that I could adapt what I know, or used to know, and apply it to the community in a positive way. I know that I could be taught what I don't know, and I believe that I could learn with experience what else I'd need to be a positive impact in the community.

Thank you for reading my application, and I hope I am worthy of being considered.

~ Laranlior

DarkVampy2017

FirstFairyTailGuildMaster
Dec 13, 2016
Good luck Laranlior! (never knew you were 27), I hope you get it! keep fingers crossed <3

Zeref

Author of Etherious
Sep 7, 2016
Central, US
Thanks Frog. Appreciate the support. :p I don't think I'll be deleting my application this time so maybe this time I'll actually be chosen. :)

Zeref

Author of Etherious
Sep 7, 2016
Central, US
Lol, thanks again mining. I'd add your name to the application but I can no longer edit the thing. It's been a while so I didn't quite remember all the names. My sincerest apologies. :)

Reactions: Puddle5672

Zeref

Author of Etherious
Sep 7, 2016
Central, US
Thanks for the support Hug. I believe you're the first ever to suggest I apply for helper a long long time ago. I'm glad that I haven't been a complete disappointment yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.