Grant's Helper App Part 2

grant1878

Friendly Neighborhood Grant
Mar 8, 2019
Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes
Minecraft IGN: grant1878
Location and timezone: Texas, USA. Central Time
Age (age 14 minimum): 17
Interests: Music, Band, Marching Band, Gaming, Working out.
How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 37 days 19 hours
Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Yes
Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): NyaaImaKitty, and Myzz

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM):

I think I could benefit the community by helping to provide a server friendly environment that not only focuses on dishing out well deserved punishments for people who break the rules but for the many people who need help with a wide variety of things in pixelmon. Currently I’m spending a majority of my time outside school (as im still in highschool) on pixelmon, and I think that due to the various staff who have many different time zones, I can provide the server with a fairly active staff member who is able to get on when other staff can’t, and one that oversees the server and its players. As a staff member, like previously stated, I am more than capable of handing out punishments to people that deserve it, being shown by my time as a previous staff member by using my commands to punish people for their wrongs. I help provide new suggestions in the suggestions channel and having made close to 20+ suggestions and I believe 4 of mine being implemented into the server, I not only enjoy seeing my suggestions added but also the impact that said suggestions have on the community. Additionally, I try and be active as much as possible in the suggestions discussion as having calm and collected arguments for and against suggestions to make the server better is something I enjoy. I try to find bugs and glitches in the server for staff as well, often finding new problems and new useful commands that some staff don’t even know about. I report said problems to higher up staff, allowing the admins and managers to fix bugs before they get known and exploited by the community. I have done this multiple times and I hope that this trend continues. I think that I have a very energetic and fun personality which allows me to make many new friends daily on the server and bring many more together. These are some of the ways I can impact the community.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM):

There are many reasons why I think I should be accepted as staff. As stated previously, I am fairly active. Due to school I can only be on so many hours in a day but outside of school pixelmon is my #1 priority and is something I spend the most time on outside of school. With so many staff with different time zones, I think this could provide a solution to certain times in the server where there are either little or no staff on. One of my hobbies is band and since I’m still in high school we have band rehearsals and practicies, along with periodic competitions. A fairly big competition that we are going to this year will last about half a week to a week.This would be my only conflict of making sure I am on as much as possible. In addition, I actively pursue professional marching band, having tried out last year for arguably one of the best Drum Corps in DCI. Trying out for the Bluecoats not only required huge amounts of dedication, but it required effort and skill. At the camp we (the Corp) worked and played together and I think it’s one of the experiences in my life that really set me up and gave me the qualities to become a leader and a role model for others. Also as previously stated, I am very active in discord. I enjoy talking to the various friends I have made on pokeverse and even enjoy helping people via discord whether it be modpack issues or explaining how to find and download the latest update of pixelradar. I am extremely active in the suggestions channel, as new ideas come to me quite frequently. Whether they are good or bad, I enjoy giving suggestions and talking about not only mine but other people's suggestions as well. With having 2 staff members both say I am one of the most active people in the channel and having 4 of my suggestions be added into pokeverse, I can safely say that I have made a fairly big impact on the player base of not only Pokeverse, but other servers aswell, and this is a trend that I would continue to do as staff. Another reason I think I should become staff is because I have already been staff before. I know all the things to know about staffing and moderating a server and what it takes to do said things. During my time as a staff member, Another reason I think I should be accepted is due to my ability to help others. I always try to help even in the small situations from new people who just joined the server to maybe even mods or admins. I will help the best I can from small issues all the way up to investigating big ones. If I can not help them (even though I'll try my best) I will contact a mod or senior mod or someone who can help them. I would like to enforce the posted rules, and assist leadership and users in any way possible. I think my accomplishments on the server is also not only a reason as to why I should be accepted, but I believe it’s also what sets me apart from others. I have gotten many people banned since I first joined Pokeverse on pixelmon and many more muted. In addition, I also actively try and help staff in any way whether it be finding new problems and bugs in brand new events or actively monitoring chat when no staff are on and reporting to staff various players who break the rules (via discord). This is a very good server Shmeeb takes ownership of, and I have loads of respect for him and his staff team on all servers. I would really like to see this server grow to something huge and I would love to be apart of the staff and help the server grow. If accepted, I do not promise to fix everyone's problems even though I will try, nor can I guarantee to be the best staff member, but I can promise one thing. I will do whatever I can, when I can, to keep this server as amazing as it is and to help it grow to its full potential.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM):

Alright, let's start off from the beginning. Qane_ aka Shmeeb made this server a while back. The server was created in the summer of 2015. Lots of servers have been yoinked and added and the most recent server that was added was Pokebrawl. There are a total of 5 servers: Pokebrawl, Pokeverse, Pokedash, Pokelegends, and Pokeclub. Each server has its own set of very helpful staff, from Chat helpers to Admins and ever Managers above that. Staff ranks get their own separate set of permissions to help accomplish their specific goals with chelpers being able to kick and mute while senior mods can ban. Occasionally we have resets whenever needed for a wide variety of reasons, typically because of economy. Our most recent reset, was just about a month ago. Players were allowed to carry over 3 pokes of their chosing and no more. However, there are times where the staff do a full reset and you are not allowed to take anything over. In addition to staff ranks, there are also 2 other types of ranks: Playtime ranks and donor ranks. The 2 types of playtime ranks are regular (12 hours of in-game play time) and veteran (12 days of in-ga me play time). The donor ranks are Challenger ($10 USD), Champion ($25), Mythic ($50), Master ($90), Legendary ($150), and Pokemaster ($200). The donor ranks increase with commands and privileges, with pokemaster being the most expensive, but also providing the most commands and items. Drop parties happen monthly (on average), when the donation goal on the server store is reached (100%). Drop parties are typically announced within a week after the donation goal is announced either on the forums or discord. Whenever someone joins the server it is announced in chat and they are greeted by many people (including myself) by saying "Welcome!". Similarly, whenever shinies or legend are caught, it announces in chat and many people say "gg" or some variant of that in chat. All the pixelmon servers are meant to be played by people of all ages, meaning it comes with rules to support this. Swear words are censored and rude comments are quickly shut down by staff. Staff deal with lots of stuff such as swearing/bypassing, xraying, abusing bugs, working on staff builds/projects and when a rule is broken, staff respond appropriately by jailing/muting/banning people based on the rule and the extent to which it was broken. I have little to no experience of actually running a server, my only experience being owning one with a friend of mine many years back.

Thank you everyone for your time, consideration, and cooperation.

JustOmega

Aug 19, 2019
Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes
Minecraft IGN: grant1878
Location and timezone: Texas, USA. Central Time
Age (age 14 minimum): 17
Interests: Music, Band, Marching Band, Gaming, Working out.
How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 37 days 19 hours
Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Yes
Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): NyaaImaKitty, and Myzz

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM):

I think I could benefit the community by helping to provide a server friendly environment that not only focuses on dishing out well deserved punishments for people who break the rules but for the many people who need help with a wide variety of things in pixelmon. Currently I’m spending a majority of my time outside school (as im still in highschool) on pixelmon, and I think that due to the various staff who have many different time zones, I can provide the server with a fairly active staff member who is able to get on when other staff can’t, and one that oversees the server and its players. As a staff member, like previously stated, I am more than capable of handing out punishments to people that deserve it, being shown by my time as a previous staff member by using my commands to punish people for their wrongs. I help provide new suggestions in the suggestions channel and having made close to 20+ suggestions and I believe 4 of mine being implemented into the server, I not only enjoy seeing my suggestions added but also the impact that said suggestions have on the community. Additionally, I try and be active as much as possible in the suggestions discussion as having calm and collected arguments for and against suggestions to make the server better is something I enjoy. I try to find bugs and glitches in the server for staff as well, often finding new problems and new useful commands that some staff don’t even know about. I report said problems to higher up staff, allowing the admins and managers to fix bugs before they get known and exploited by the community. I have done this multiple times and I hope that this trend continues. I think that I have a very energetic and fun personality which allows me to make many new friends daily on the server and bring many more together. These are some of the ways I can impact the community.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM):

There are many reasons why I think I should be accepted as staff. As stated previously, I am fairly active. Due to school I can only be on so many hours in a day but outside of school pixelmon is my #1 priority and is something I spend the most time on outside of school. With so many staff with different time zones, I think this could provide a solution to certain times in the server where there are either little or no staff on. One of my hobbies is band and since I’m still in high school we have band rehearsals and practicies, along with periodic competitions. A fairly big competition that we are going to this year will last about half a week to a week.This would be my only conflict of making sure I am on as much as possible. In addition, I actively pursue professional marching band, having tried out last year for arguably one of the best Drum Corps in DCI. Trying out for the Bluecoats not only required huge amounts of dedication, but it required effort and skill. At the camp we (the Corp) worked and played together and I think it’s one of the experiences in my life that really set me up and gave me the qualities to become a leader and a role model for others. Also as previously stated, I am very active in discord. I enjoy talking to the various friends I have made on pokeverse and even enjoy helping people via discord whether it be modpack issues or explaining how to find and download the latest update of pixelradar. I am extremely active in the suggestions channel, as new ideas come to me quite frequently. Whether they are good or bad, I enjoy giving suggestions and talking about not only mine but other people's suggestions as well. With having 2 staff members both say I am one of the most active people in the channel and having 4 of my suggestions be added into pokeverse, I can safely say that I have made a fairly big impact on the player base of not only Pokeverse, but other servers aswell, and this is a trend that I would continue to do as staff. Another reason I think I should become staff is because I have already been staff before. I know all the things to know about staffing and moderating a server and what it takes to do said things. During my time as a staff member, Another reason I think I should be accepted is due to my ability to help others. I always try to help even in the small situations from new people who just joined the server to maybe even mods or admins. I will help the best I can from small issues all the way up to investigating big ones. If I can not help them (even though I'll try my best) I will contact a mod or senior mod or someone who can help them. I would like to enforce the posted rules, and assist leadership and users in any way possible. I think my accomplishments on the server is also not only a reason as to why I should be accepted, but I believe it’s also what sets me apart from others. I have gotten many people banned since I first joined Pokeverse on pixelmon and many more muted. In addition, I also actively try and help staff in any way whether it be finding new problems and bugs in brand new events or actively monitoring chat when no staff are on and reporting to staff various players who break the rules (via discord). This is a very good server Shmeeb takes ownership of, and I have loads of respect for him and his staff team on all servers. I would really like to see this server grow to something huge and I would love to be apart of the staff and help the server grow. If accepted, I do not promise to fix everyone's problems even though I will try, nor can I guarantee to be the best staff member, but I can promise one thing. I will do whatever I can, when I can, to keep this server as amazing as it is and to help it grow to its full potential.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM):

Alright, let's start off from the beginning. Qane_ aka Shmeeb made this server a while back. The server was created in the summer of 2015. Lots of servers have been yoinked and added and the most recent server that was added was Pokebrawl. There are a total of 5 servers: Pokebrawl, Pokeverse, Pokedash, Pokelegends, and Pokeclub. Each server has its own set of very helpful staff, from Chat helpers to Admins and ever Managers above that. Staff ranks get their own separate set of permissions to help accomplish their specific goals with chelpers being able to kick and mute while senior mods can ban. Occasionally we have resets whenever needed for a wide variety of reasons, typically because of economy. Our most recent reset, was just about a month ago. Players were allowed to carry over 3 pokes of their chosing and no more. However, there are times where the staff do a full reset and you are not allowed to take anything over. In addition to staff ranks, there are also 2 other types of ranks: Playtime ranks and donor ranks. The 2 types of playtime ranks are regular (12 hours of in-game play time) and veteran (12 days of in-ga me play time). The donor ranks are Challenger ($10 USD), Champion ($25), Mythic ($50), Master ($90), Legendary ($150), and Pokemaster ($200). The donor ranks increase with commands and privileges, with pokemaster being the most expensive, but also providing the most commands and items. Drop parties happen monthly (on average), when the donation goal on the server store is reached (100%). Drop parties are typically announced within a week after the donation goal is announced either on the forums or discord. Whenever someone joins the server it is announced in chat and they are greeted by many people (including myself) by saying "Welcome!". Similarly, whenever shinies or legend are caught, it announces in chat and many people say "gg" or some variant of that in chat. All the pixelmon servers are meant to be played by people of all ages, meaning it comes with rules to support this. Swear words are censored and rude comments are quickly shut down by staff. Staff deal with lots of stuff such as swearing/bypassing, xraying, abusing bugs, working on staff builds/projects and when a rule is broken, staff respond appropriately by jailing/muting/banning people based on the rule and the extent to which it was broken. I have little to no experience of actually running a server, my only experience being owning one with a friend of mine many years back.

Thank you everyone for your time, consideration, and cooperation.
Yo my dude gl 🙂