Ghosttown Beatdown [TheMainManCarfan's E4 Ghost/Fighting Application]

TheMainManCarfan

May 19, 2020
Minecraft IGN: TheMainManCarfan (Paracelsus in Game)
Discord username (ex: Shmeeb#4352): Mio Honda is Coming#8105
Location and timezone: America, EST
Age (age 12 minimum): 17
How much in-game play time do you have (type /playtime - minimum 24 hours required): 21d 22h 29m
Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no): I use it too much....
What Elite Four position are you applying for: Ghost/Fighting
Have you ever been banned/jailed (yes/no) (if yes, why): I was banned a long time ago. Please consult softlee for more information.
Why should we choose you to be an Elite Four Leader? (200 words MINIMUM):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, due to the confidentiality of the Elite 4 Position, I can't leak move sets, or Pokemon to anyone. Shoutout to w8ting and Silent_Ninja for giving me ideas on pokemon and movesets, and I apologize in advance for the abomination I put together with your suggestions. Shoutout to Chedis_Bread for helping me with breeding, it would have taken me an infinite amount of years to get all the mons to a respectable IV amount myself. Lastly, shoutout to you, the reader, for taking the time to go onto the forum, and look at this application: there is no reason for you to see any of this, ya know?

Anyways, here is the pathos of my application. I originally planned on waiting a while, I became flying gym leader recently, and did not see any sense of urgency within a need to make an application. My team was done, and I wanted to let it marinate for a while, until the position was needed. However, the biggest and most integral man of the whole system, Heliosssss, stepped down. One of two Omnileaders, and the sole Champion of the server, his position was crucial as the final boss of the entire server. My experience led to him, as someone scared of gyms shaking in fear at the mere prospect of reaching the champion, as a impeding wall at the end of my grind, as I grudgingly suffered gym after gym, and finally, as the man at the other side of that champions arena, sleep deprived at 7am in the morning, staying up all night running calcs and retrying until something clicked. It was an ethereal moment, and the feeling of finally succeeding, getting my E4Master badge, and walking away feeling the most accomplished I had ever felt.

I was always one for the gym experience. It is a traditional part of Pokemon, and the appeal of many. It really, really sucks that many players will go their entire time without challenging a single gym. As a leader of the guild TRS, one of our members was inspired to challenge the gyms because of the battle culture within our gym, and seeing them succeed and prosper as they beat gym by gym, is stunning to me, and the experience I want every player to eventually go through at least once. We only have 7 E4Masters off of the top of my head, which is minuscule compared to the relatively big player base.

What worries me then, is the lack of that end goal. Not just the champion, but every Gym is now worn thin with the loss of an Omnileader. Gyms like Grass and Ice sit upon a sole leader, and more importantly, the Ghost/Fighting E4 & Champion seat remain empty. For those prospective players, looking at this state of the gyms is very concerning, and I hope that we as a community can usher in a new wave of leaders to cover for Heliosssss, until he one day returns.

E4 Ghost/Fighting is sentimental to me as well, as an association with my journey as a Ghost Gym leader. The Ghost Gym serves as the highlight, a peak of my redemption, from my Ban, the grueling two weeks of exile, the return, building up where I left off, and then the Application. The wait was grueling, totaling up to three weeks of decision making. Mistakes were made during the process, and it was a general time of nervousness, as it was the first step towards something greater. Looking back, those times were fond, as I refound my place within the server, and within myself as well. That is why this particular E4 means a lot to me, it serves as a new height, beyond the Ghost Gym and that haunted Mansion, that shows how far I have grown as a member within the community, and as a battler.

As for an objective reason, I hope my team speaks for itself. Sorry you don't get to see the Logos :cri:

Last edited:

TheMainManCarfan

May 19, 2020
Thank you brothers! Will provide complementary cheerleaders when i drag you guys through all the gyms to reach e4 :>