1Neo's Flying Gym Application

1Neo

Aug 20, 2019
Minecraft IGN: 1Neo (nicknamed "Neo").

Discord username: Neo#4405

Location and timezone: Sweden, GMT+1.

How much in-game play time do you have?: 14 days

Are you an active user of Discord?: I'm afraid my activity on discord has declined since the last time I applied. I used to talk to people in voice chat all the time, but now I've grown a little bit more reserved, though that does not mean I don't want to interact with people in- or out of the game!

What gym are you applying for: Flying

Have you ever been banned/jailed?: I was jailed once by Katastrophy on the charges of touch dexing. She was understanding and willing to hear me and the other person it concerned out in our separate jail appeals, which she about half an hour in accepted. For more info, here is the link to the jail appeal: http://pokeverse.org/forum/threads/neos-jail-appeal.6052/.

What Pokemon are you planning on using, and what level are they?: Talonflame, Charizard and Landorus, all level 40 in accordance with the flying gym.

List your Pokemon's IVs/EVs:
IVs in order of: HP, Atk., Def., Sp. Atk, Sp. Def., Spe.
HA Talonflame: 96%; 31, 31, 31, 24, 31, 31
Mega Charizard: 99%: 31, 31, 31, 30, 31, 31
Landorus Therian: 98%, 31, 30, 30, 31, 31, 31

For more information about why these IVs are the way they are, please contact me in-game or on discord.

Why should we choose you to be a gym leader: Compared to the initial statement of my first application as a dark type gym leader (which was accepted at the time), I'm not so new anymore, but not the oldest either. Accommodating my previous statement, I do bring experience from my short time as a dark type gym leader, I'm familiar with the commands and have a good understanding of the gym rules. I like to think other people might find me polite, and if not that, friendly at the very least. This time around in difference of my last application, I have not actually asked for any advice on my gym team. For the more experienced Pokémon battlers, you might notice two glaring flaws in my team (on top of the already existing flying-type one), I've worked around these weaknesses to a decent degree and feel confident enough to say that if someone utilizes these weaknesses I would still be able to put up a good fight, and win in many cases. I have play tested this line up in showdown Gen7 OU and gotten to 1300 mmr only using these 3 pokemons, and while 1300 normally isn't much to celebrate when it comes to showdown, every battle was uphill as I only used three mons to challenge the capabilities of my team. I probably battled around 100 times to see what moves fit and what moves didn't, and seeing as I was basically half a team I had to make full use of every single move slot. For these reasons I would prefer to keep the move-sets hidden to non-gym leaders, as to not reveal my approach of beating them, as I think it's for them to find out through battle. Anyhow, other than this I'm active again, a little bit due to this whole "self-isolation thing" that you guys might have heard one or two things about, but also because I missed playing here. After wondertrading away some of my old Pokémons, I took it upon myself to create a new gym team from scratch that I think would be interesting to see in action, and here it is! Thanks for reading my application. :)

Reactions: RegigigasOp