Tournament Time!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hugamouse, Sep 4, 2017.

By Hugamouse on Sep 4, 2017 at 6:39 PM
  1. Hugamouse

Hugamouse Well-Known Member Staff Member SeniorMod

Hey guys, I hope you have enjoyed the updates so far!

As some of you might have already seen, we have a new warp! Go to /warp tournament to check out our cool new tournament building! Krutches1 and I, Hugamouse, spent quite a while designing it all and making it for you. Mininglord5672 also was kind enough to help us out during the second half of building phase. With this warp, we will do exactly what it sounds like. Have tournaments!

That being said, the first tournament will be on Saturday September 23rd (about 3 weeks from now). It will begin at 9:00 AM Central Time Zone. Please use the following time converter or private message me for time zone help if you need! http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ (Plug in 9:00 AM Illinois for Central Time)
    The rules are as follow:
    1. Double battle, level 50 all (through battle rules. This means your Pokemon can be higher levels, you just have to select double battle and type in level 50 all in the battle rules section before the battle starts).
    2. You cannot have any duplicate Pokemon on your team. Only 1 of each.
    3. Duplicate items are allowed.
    4. The following Pokemon are banned completely: Rayquaza, Mega Kangaskhan, Aegislash, Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys, Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Mega Lucario, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Reshiram, Sky Shaymin, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Smeargle, Speed Boost Blaziken. Mega Blaziken, Mega Salamence, and Mega Gengar are now also banned*** Mega Diancie, Mega Mewtwos (since Mewtwo is banned anyways), Mega Audino, Mega Sableye, and Mega Metagross are now banned.
    5. You are allowed a single legendary Pokemon on your team (and don't say it's technically a mythical Pokemon, AKA Mew and such).
    6. Only one Mega Evolution Pokemon on your team. If you have a Mega Gardevoir and a normal Alakazam for instance, that is alright. Both cannot have Mega Stones.
    7. Passing stats with the move Baton Pass is prohibited.
    8. No healing items that aren't held. An example of a banned healing item would be a potion or a revive.
    9. No 1-hit KO moves such as Fissure and Sheer Cold.
    10. No nicknames on the Pokemon, unless it's the Pokemon's name with color.
    If you wish to join this tournament, all you need to do is private message me (Hugamouse) either here on forums or on Discord. You must include what your subjective team will be. You may change it whenever, just make sure you pm me the changes. I am keeping track in order to check the legitimacy of the team in respect to the rules.

There will be prizes for 1st-3rd place.
    1. Legendary Pokemon of choice
    2. Random legendary Pokemon
    3. Shiny non-legendary Pokemon of choice

I hope you all have fun preparing and participating! Pokeverse will continue to host a variety of tournaments with different rules and ideas!

Thank you for taking the time to listen,

~Pokeverse Staff

EDIT*** The tournament will be pushed back 1 week, so it will be held on Saturday, September 23rd instead. It is 6v6.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hugamouse, Sep 4, 2017.