My Helper Application. -Monkey

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by MonkeyMan397, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeyMan397

MonkeyMan397 Active Member

Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes
    Minecraft IGN: Monkeyman397
    Current Rank: Mythic, or Master depending on time read
    Location and time zone: Nova Scotia Canada, Atlantic Time Zone
    Age (age 14 minimum): 18
    Interests: Drawing, Guitar, Ukulele, Psychology and, Video Games to name a few. I also foster dogs
    How much in-game play time do you have (type /ar check)? Unfortunately due to the recent update to the new server /ar check isn't a functioning command right now but I was urged to apply anyway as I have been on a lot.
    Do you have a mic (yes/no): Yes
    What is your Skype username (all staff members must have a Skype account)? Ryley Taylor/ Ryley.taylor2
    Are you an active user of Teamspeak/Discord (yes/no)? Yes
    Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): I have been told that I'm helpful and that I should become a helper by people but nobody of high status ie admins or mods
    How you could benefit the community (50 words MINIMUM): I believe that I could bring a lot to the server when/if I am accepted as a helper, I have a good work ethic, I help at my local dog shelter and foster animals which requires me to go into people's homes to assess how they act with dogs and this requires a lot of social skills in which I have to help children and adults decide if the dog is right for them, I also help out with a lot of school events such as arranging for guests to come speak to our school as well as running the school philosophy club.
    I plan to be on the server as much as possible to help in fixing issues (especially now that there is a new update and many people are confused and seeking help) I always try to maintain an upbeat attitude especially when on pokeverse as I find positivity to be contagious and hope to spread it to those who are struggling or may not be used to the ways of the server. I don't want to ramble too much as I know those who are reading this have better things to do but if made a helper I plan to assist in rebuilding places like DeepCreek and other communities. Helping newcomers who may not understand the way the server works or pixelmon and overall trying to be a helpful person

Why we should accept you (50 words MINIMUM):
    I believe you should accept me because I work hard and am always aiming to make the server a better place for new players and old players. I strive to help solve any and all problems that arise and dedicate myself to helping newcomers that struggle with the mechanisms of the server. I've been on the server for a while now and have a good grip on the rules and the way the server runs, as well as having been an admin on two other servers previously and once ran my own. I work well with others and in cases where someone has broken the rules or is being rude I always keep my cool to defuse the situation by looking at it from their side and using words to keep them from getting more upset, if that doesn't work I get staff, obviously so they can deal with the issue themselves as people tend to listen to those with authority more.

Please give us an essay on the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM): The community on the server works in a very pleasant and upbeat way with a lot of teamwork being put forth to reach everyone's goals I often see people with ranks or who have been on longer stepping up to offer help to people who may not have the money to afford ranks or haven't been on as long to understand the way the server works and therefore struggle more. I like to view it as a very friendly and happy environment despite the occasional player who tries to disturb the peace and cause a scene, and even in the case that does happen the staff are always able to remedy the situation. The server itself was made in March 2015 by Pleb who owns the server (obviously) Throughout the years there have been many changes in staff with the current staff being Bashen and Poker as the admins Cc as a senior mod and Sony, Hugamouse Bear and, Worldfrog being Mods (sorry if I forgot anyone). The server is currently a couple days into its latest reset which was to update the server and change the map up a bit as has been done 3 times before. I think that with the new update we will be seeing a lot of new changes in the server and I have a desire to help in making these changes and making the server the best it can be alongside the staff that are already working towards that goal. As I said in the reasons why you should accept me, i have worked on other servers before as an admin in which I was required to help new players and do a lot of building, with various programs such as world edit, I was also tasked with making sure the rules were followed and people weren't being rude or abusing items and glitches. In these servers, i was taught the jobs of an admin and how to act and behave so as not to abuse my power. I also ran a small server with my friends for a short period of time in which I fulfilled the same role as I did in more public servers as an admin but with a higher influence on what was put into the server and how the server was laid out. In these positions, i had to learn how to deal with players who were not cooperative and learn to calmly and respectfully handle situations. I hope I didn't make this too long as I would hate to take up too much of your time as I know time can be a precious thing to people, so I thank you for taking the time read over my application. :)

2. MININGLORD5672

MININGLORD5672 Well-Known Member

3. MonkeyMan397

Thanks pal :)

4. Hugamouse

Hugamouse Well-Known Member Staff Member Mod

Good luck :)

5. MonkeyMan397

Thanks to you too other pal :)

6. zman455