Gingie_'s Helper Application reupload

Discussion in 'Helper Applications' started by Gingie, Oct 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM.

1. Gingie

Gingie Member

Have you read and understood the terms above (yes/no): Yes

Minecraft IGN: Gingie_

Location and timezone: BST, United Kingdom

Age (age 14 minimum): 17

Interests: Games, Baking Desserts, Anime, Software Development and Adventures.

How much in-game play time do you have (type /ru check)? 12 days 21 hours

Do you have a mic (yes/no): Yes

Are you an active user of Discord (yes/no)? Yes

Referrers (people that suggested you become a helper): Pawnboy1

How you could benefit the community (100 words MINIMUM): I believe I can benefit the community by adding to the kind and friendly environment that is already on the server, I want to uphold the pg rating of chat and discord voice rooms and make sure that cheaters are punished with what they deserve. I’m a social able person who is used to handling socially awkward people and makes them feel more comfortable, I’m usually sat in a VC channel and I am willing to talk to anyone who decides to join. I’m a kind and friendly person, but I will switch to a more stern attitude depending on the situation.

Why we should accept you (100 words MINIMUM): I believe you should accept me because I have previous staff roles on several servers, I have been mod on Totally British Gaming, admin on Dankrp, admin on traitor gaming, admin on Memerp and Head admin on Masterapplegaming. On all these servers I have started from Helper/Trial Mod and progressed through the ranks until the servers closed, this has been over the past 5 years. I'm able to cover the server 4-10 hours depending on the day, as when I’m on the server during the day(BST), I notice that there is either no staff members or only one or two online, so I would be able to help out during the times when staff aren't able to get onto the server.

Please give us an essay of the way our community works, a brief history of our server, and your knowledge of running a Minecraft server (300 words MINIMUM): This server was made back in March of 2015, the community works by allowing the to players support each other and staff members watching and helping out when possible, when I joined the server I was instantly welcomed and when I joined the discord, I received the same welcome. The discord server currently has 4 servers connected to it, it is a community hub where players from all the servers are able to chat and have fun together, the server also has the ability to let the Minecraft chat and the discord text chat communicate together, this allows people to talk without needing Minecraft open.

To my knowledge, there are two main ways to run a server, either self-hosting the server or hiring a server from a company. When self-hosting you are required to download the server files and then create a cmd file to run the java file where the hosting is done from or you can use LogMeInHamatchi to host a server, however, both methods require a decent internet connection for smooth gameplay. Hiring a company to host requires either weekly, Monthly, Quarterly or yearly payments, so by allowing the players to donate for perks they can self-fund the server. There are technically 4 types of server, basic Minecraft, Bukkit, modded Minecraft and Bukkit modded, Bukkit allows for a server to install custom plugins for easy maintenance and control over the server and modded allows for mods or modpacks to be run on the server.

When you own a hired server, you will either access the server files via Rcon or FTP access login, Rcon is command line based way to access the server, whereas FTP access login has a GUI interface, the interface can be used to transfer files between the owner and the host, with access to editing from within the FTP.

2. ForeverAva

ForeverAva Well-Known Member

Gl Gingie! (this is also angel btw)

3. Gingie

Gingie Member

Don't worry
    I know, and thank you!

4. Lazi

Lazi Well-Known Member

Gl, why did u reupload?

5. Gingie

Gingie Member